I just haven't done it yet- the smiley module is set up, they just need to be imported.
root
Posts
-
What are you totin today? -
What are you totin today?Good to hear. Given how easy it is to add photos directly to this forum and to/from Gearfeed I wasn't sure if it was necessary, but retraining members takes time and we have 20 years of BBCode in place so it seemed prudent.
Some of the default smileys will have to be removed- these ones don't scream MTO is a Happy Place.


-
Hello, is there anybody in there?I'm back at it now- I was unable to do anything since last week, but I'm on it today.
-
Pfrsantos little corner of complaintsI also need to put the MTO Header at the top of the page. If you are on a member's forum profile there is no easy way to get back to the forum index.
Regarding PM comment- it appears we have more of a FB style chat than a PM option. I will look into it.
-
Pfrsantos little corner of complaintsYeah, I see the Forum Width has shrunk again. I will have to try and widen it out again. It got a bit messed up while I was trying to get the old posts to show up underneath. I will add that back to the list and see if I can re-widen it. #facepalm
Email isn't set up yet- that's a whole to-do with the domain and so on. I am not concerned about spam signups etc as all user accounts, posts etc here will be wiped before bringing in the SMF database. Feel free to experiment on them with impunity--- edit/delete/ban etc.
Hell, do that stuff (except banning of course, I need my three accounts (Root (Admin), Defender (Moderator) and Fred (regular member)) right now!) with my posts. That's a big part of why you are all in here- testing and training.
I'll see what I can do about picture size. That shouldn't be a big problem.
Private Messages were working- are they not now? I will send you a message to test it.
-
Pfrsantos little corner of complaintsDone?
The @xxxxx is gone on Replies as per request.
Previous posts are now listed under the Reply window, as per request.
Multi-quote has been added, which wasn't requested, but I assume will be a matter of time.
Quote appearance has (I think) been improved and is acceptable. If not, please let me know.
Login has been added to each screen rather than just on the threads themselves.
Dark Mode toggle is on every screen rather than just the main screen.
I have worked on sizing the columns and I think they are better- let me know if that needs further tweaking.
To Be Done
BBCode has still not been enabled yet.
Treasury Module has to be built, installed and set up.
Smileys (may come with SMF import)
Smurf Filter
Let me know what else needs to be done- yesterday I almost posted this version in this thread because I wanted more feedback: https://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,95315.0.html
Give me all you got- this place has to be running soon! I know there is more than needs doing, so let's get it done!
-
Pfrsantos little corner of complaintsInteresting.
-
Pfrsantos little corner of complaints -
Pfrsantos little corner of complaints -
Pfrsantos little corner of complaintsYup, definitely see it on desktop.
Double fuck.
-
Pfrsantos little corner of complaintsPage numbers added instead of one long thread with 1,000 replies.
Currently limited to 20 posts per page instead of 25 on SMF. I feel like that's good enough (for now at least) but it's easy to change is anyone gets upset at missing five posts per page.
-
Pfrsantos little corner of complaintsOkay, I liked that, but if it's a pain I'll see if I can remove it too.
-
Pfrsantos little corner of complaintsTesting reply bar at the bottom of the page
-
Pfrsantos little corner of complaintsSignature area should be smaller now. I can go a bit smaller if need be.
-
Pfrsantos little corner of complaintspfrsantos said:
root said:
Fixing the annoying floating footer now (hopefully) and then putting the light/dark switch on every page so you don't have to open threads to find it.
Let's see how the quoting looks like now.
Kinda weird. You get a small font line with the initial part of the post quoted on top and then the full quoted post below.
Isn't it a waste of space?
How's this for quotes now?
-
Pfrsantos little corner of complaintsYeah, I haven't really gotten to the quoting issue yet, which is why you haven't seen anything change there significantly.
It's definitely on the list though.
-
Pfrsantos little corner of complaintsThe Main Site at Multitool.Org is offline and has been for a while, so that's why that link doesn't work.
The EDC-TV link doesn't work because it's .com and not .org, so that's an easy fix.
GearFeed is working, so that's an easier fix.
Need to add SAKWiki as well.
-
Pfrsantos little corner of complaintsFixing the annoying floating footer now (hopefully) and then putting the light/dark switch on every page so you don't have to open threads to find it.
-
Pfrsantos little corner of complaintsTesting to make sure I didn't break something
-
Pfrsantos little corner of complaintsHopefully we can get this closer to what we are used to. I'm not a fan either of the user interface so far. I know Def is working hard at getting it closer to what we are used to. Hopefully the software allows it.
I'm also hoping we can get closer to the sunrise color scheme.
I was actually happy (more or less) with these colors. Do we really want to go back to the various shades of grey?